Saturday, September 27, 2008

New York Journal - Part Two

Hm. This has become rapidly addictive. I think I'm procrastinating.


September 15, 2008

Oh god. My legs. Oh god. So tired.

There are a lot of very public ads for strip clubs. On taxis. Billboards. Very weird and discomfiting.

(Is that a word?)

I'm in Brasserie 360 ... somewhere in NYC. Somewhere on 60 St. Which runs east-west, because avenues run north-south. Fucked, hey? But I'm learning.

Times Square freaked me out, as I should've expected. Too corporate, too touristy, too busy. I arrived just as the fact that I hadn't eaten all day began to dawn on me, and just as my legs started to object strongly to anything but lying down for a nap.

I still need a nap, but I think I'm going to drink more beer instead.

Sleep tonight. Lots of sleep tonight.

---

Okay. I'm in bed.

Next time I vacation, I need to sleep before I leave. A full night's sleep, not this "accidental two hours" bullshit I keep pulling.

My schedule for the rest of the week is filling up, and I'm scared to even investigate further awesome art events, lest my head explode with overstimulation. If there's too much to do in Calgary, there's definitely too much to do here!

Had a nap in Central Park today. That was pretty cool.

Okay. Sleep now.

No comments: