Thursday, March 26, 2009

Zero Hour

"Hi, I'm looking for Mr. Mark Hopkins?"

"That's me."

"Hello, Mr. Hopkins. First, I want to thank you for being a Rogers Wireless customer."

"No problem."

"As a Rogers Wireless customer, I wanted to let you know about the Rocket Stick, a Rogers device that allows you to access the internet..."

"I'm sorry, did you just say Rocket Stick?"

"Yes, I did."

"Who came up with that name?"

"I'm not sure. That's hilarious, you're the second person to ask me that today."

"Rocket Stick. That's ridiculous."

"You don't like the name?"

"No, it's fine, it's just... Rocket Stick? Seriously? Will it blast me onto the internet?"

"Well, yes, exactly! I... don't remember if I said this already, because you started asking me about the name, but it will give you up to 500 MB of high-speed wireless internet. I can send you the Rocket Stick for free, all you'll need to pay is the monthly fee."

"You know what, I've lead a pretty fulfilling life up 'til now, so I think I'm okay without a Rocket Stick."

"Are you sure? The Rocket Stick will help you sleep better at night!"

"Now that you mention it, my sleep has been quite troubled lately."

"You see? That's exactly what I was thinking, I looked at your name and thought, 'I'm going to call Mr. Hopkins and help him with his sleeping problems.' Aren't you happy that I called?"

"Delighted, really. But you know what, I think I'm going to have to pass on the Rocket Stick."

"Well thanks for taking my call, Mark, and I hope you find something to help with your sleep."

No comments: